“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince & dinner like a pauper.” (By Adelle Davis)
It has been observed with great concern that many students come to school without taking proper breakfast which results in their low energy levels and lack of concentration. A fewer of the students bring snacks with least nutritional value to consume during break time. Consequently some students have developed health problems and fitness issues and fail to fully benefit from all the extracurricular activities planned at school. Parents to please ensure that their children take breakfast at all cost to sustain a good stamina.
- It is humbly requested that the parents must motivate children to have a healthy breakfast before they leave for school. The best nutrition advice to keep your children healthy includes encouraging them to:-
- Eat breakfast every day to help maintain concentration in class. A good breakfast to include protein-rich food such as egg, a glass of milk, juice or a paratha, bread, butter and cereal etc.
- Eat a variety of foods in order to have adequate nutrient intake.
- Choose a diet with plenty of grain products and vegetables (Wheat, Barley, Corn).
- Choose a diet that provides enough calcium and iron to meet their growing body’s requirements.
- Teach children from an early age about nutrition, foods, drinks, healthy eating and drinking.
- If they don’t take proper breakfast daily they may grow as malnourished.
Furthermore, they should also be encouraged to participate in any sports activity (after school) on regular basis to develop their body muscles, stamina and overall fitness level.
- Let’s work together to raise a generation of Healthy & Happy kids.
With Kind Regards,